What do you want to do?

Uber Snapshot

Menlo Park, CA
(650) 262-4771

Uber

Description:
Uber is a ride-sharing service, which—through their apps—connects drivers with riders. Available in 53 countries and hundreds of cities, Uber provides an excellent means of making extra cash for those with extra time (on the weekend or otherwise) and who own a reliable car. As an independent contractor, drivers can set their own schedule and choose jobs only when they are available. Uber drivers can drive as much (or as little) as they want, can accept the fares that appeal to them, and enjoy the cash-less payment system.

Requirements:
To become an Uber driver, you must be at least 21 years old, carry a valid driver’s license, carry personal auto insurance, and own a 4-door car in good condition. Additionally, applicants must pass a rigorous background check, which includes criminal sex offender, and motor vehicle records among others. Once applicants pass the background check, they must take an online training course administered by Uber. The entire process can take up to two weeks to complete. Once successfully completed, approved drivers will receive a phone with the Uber app.

Compensation:
Uber takes 20% of each fare with the remaining 80% disbursed to the driver. Uber rates vary for each city it operates in, by service level as well as by season. As point of reference, there are drivers making an extra $400 a week just by driving on the weekends! Uber pays its drivers every week by transferring their earnings to their bank account. No cash exchanges hands with the riders, who pay the company via the app (fares are charged to the rider’s credit cards). Note that drivers are additionally responsible for taxes, gas, insurance, and any other associated out-of-pocket costs. So, all potential drivers should factor in these expenses before pursuing an opportunity with Uber.

How to apply:
If you meet all the requirements and wish to become an Uber driver, simply visit the website to register and signup.

Read company review

Not sure if this is the right fit for you? Don’t worry, there are plenty of other ways to make money from home. Just download our FREE Ultimate Money Guide now.

You can also read about other companies that offer work at home opportunities or visit the most popular work at home industries on our website.

LIKE US ON FB :)

GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX!

Sign up for our weekly email and get money making ideas sent right to you.

FREE Book Offer

Get instant access to the Ultimate Money Guide book, packed with 81 unique ideas to make EXTRA MONEY.

Disclosure
The information provided in The Ultimate Money Guide is a compilation of our research, presented here for your convenience and information, and not necessarily intended as an endorsement of the companies listed herein. Such information was gathered from third-party sources, and we cannot attest to the accuracy of the information contained herein. Ultimate Money Guide does not make any earnings claims with respect to the potential income from any industry, company, or advertiser listed on our website. It is up to the reader to do their own due diligence when reviewing all business opportunities. You agree that you utilize and/or act upon the information in The Ultimate Money Guide at your own risk. The Ultimate Money Guide is not responsible for the content of any third-party website or advertiser referenced herein and undertakes no obligation to update the information herein. The Ultimate Money Guide may have business relationships with some or all of the companies listed herein, and may receive compensation for the listings or advertisements that you see within The Ultimate Money Guide website, book, or email communications from us. By accessing our website, you agree to all terms and conditions in our Terms of Service.