What do you want to do?

Lyft Snapshot

San Francisco, CA
855-865-9553

Lyft

Description:
If you are a good driver and have a few extra hours on the weekend (or evenings) or are looking for a way to earn income in between jobs, then Lyft is great option for you! Lyft connects passengers with nearby drivers through the company’s smartphone app. Payments to drivers are made via the app, allowing for a cash-less transaction. Currently available in the U.S. (in 30 of the 50 states), Lyft can help interested drivers make extra cash with little investment required other than a reliable car.  As a Lyft driver, you choose which fares to pick up and consequently can determine your own work schedule. Lyft offers great flexibility for those looking to earn some extra cash on top of their day job.

Requirements:
To be approved as a Lyft driver, you must be at least 21 years old and have an iPhone or Android phone. Lyft drivers must own a car with at least four doors and five seatbelts. The vehicle must also have in-state license plates and in-state insurance that lists the driver as a covered party. Additionally, Lyft runs an extensive background check, which includes a DMV check, a national and county background check going back seven years, and a cross-check with national sex offender registries. The background check requires a social security number as well as an in-state driver’s license (which must be at least 1 year old). Potential drivers will be screened for both criminal offenses and driving incidents.

Compensation:
Lyft drivers on average make between $25-$35 per hour. All fares are paid by the passenger via Lyft’s app. No cash ever exchanges hands between the passenger and driver. Lyft pays drivers 80% of the fare with the remaining 20% going to Lyft. The company deposits earnings to the driver’s bank account every week. Rates vary for the two types of Lyft rides: Lyft and Lyft Plus (SUVs). The base charge for Lyft rides is $3 with a $2.15 cost per mile and minimum fare of $8. Lyft Plus riders are charged a base rate of $4.50 with a $3.22 cost per mile and minimum fare of $12.

How to apply:
Visit the Lyft website, fill out the application form and download the app to start the sign-up process. Lyft tries to contact every applicant within one business day to initiate the orientation process.

Read company review

Not sure if this is the right fit for you? Don’t worry, there are plenty of other ways to make money from home. Just download our FREE Ultimate Money Guide now.

You can also read about other companies that offer work at home opportunities or visit the most popular work at home industries on our website.

LIKE US ON FB :)

GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX!

Sign up for our weekly email and get money making ideas sent right to you.

FREE Book Offer

Get instant access to the Ultimate Money Guide book, packed with 81 unique ideas to make EXTRA MONEY.

Disclosure
The information provided in The Ultimate Money Guide is a compilation of our research, presented here for your convenience and information, and not necessarily intended as an endorsement of the companies listed herein. Such information was gathered from third-party sources, and we cannot attest to the accuracy of the information contained herein. Ultimate Money Guide does not make any earnings claims with respect to the potential income from any industry, company, or advertiser listed on our website. It is up to the reader to do their own due diligence when reviewing all business opportunities. You agree that you utilize and/or act upon the information in The Ultimate Money Guide at your own risk. The Ultimate Money Guide is not responsible for the content of any third-party website or advertiser referenced herein and undertakes no obligation to update the information herein. The Ultimate Money Guide may have business relationships with some or all of the companies listed herein, and may receive compensation for the listings or advertisements that you see within The Ultimate Money Guide website, book, or email communications from us. By accessing our website, you agree to all terms and conditions in our Terms of Service.